The Diocesan Synod Office building at 115 Church St., Fredericton, is now open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Not all staff will be at the office; in fact, most of the diocesan staff are still working from home. They are able to receive calls and emails Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. via their usual telephone numbers and email addresses. The opening plan is for Archbishop David Edwards, his secretary Cheryl Jacobs and executive officer David Peer to work from the office. See our operational plan here.
As we open, we encourage everyone to read and follow these guidelines:
• Continue to use on-line meeting tools where possible. We have limited capability to meet in person in groups greater than two or three.
• It is best to plan ahead and arrange an appointment if you need to meet in person (506-459-1801). Physical distancing for more than one visitor and one in waiting will be challenging.
• Please screen yourself clear of COVID-19 symptoms before you enter the office.
• Enter through the front door only. Our public office spaces will be restricted during this phase to the main floor entrance area, the conference room and the bathroom.
• Our operational plan provides more information on the public health measures we will have in place for you and the Synod staff's protection.
• More detailed information is in this eNews story.
Please visit our COVID-19 resource section for lots of helpful information - messages from the Bishop, resources, a listing of virtual gatherings and much more.