Brief Description and Mandate
To advise the Mission and Outreach committee of the Diocesan Council of the Diocese of Fredericton regarding the choice of a Companion Diocese. To advise the Mission and Outreach Committee on all matters pertaining to the relationship with the Companion Diocese.
The Mission and Outreach Committee of the Diocesan Council of the Diocese of Fredericton.
- Advice regarding the choice of the Companion Diocese.
- Maintain established relationships of the Diocese with the Companion Diocese.
- Encourage parishes to become involved in initiatives of the Diocese with regards to the Companion Diocese.
- Coordinate the Companion Diocese program.
- Provide information and publicity through a variety of media.
- Review all relationships annually.
- Report to the Mission and Outreach Committee regularly
Members are drawn from every Regional Deanery of the Diocese, plus the bishop (ex-officio).
At the pleasure of the Mission and Outreach Committee and the Diocesan Council.
At the call of the Chair
- The Diocese
- Special appeals and fundraising activities