Below is a listing of parish events that might be of interest to other members of the diocesan family. To have an event added to this listing, please send details to Gisele McKnight.
• N E W • Tuesday, May 21, 2 p.m. A memorial service to celebrate the life of Jean Vanier will be held at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Waterloo Street, Saint John. In the evening there will be an evening of prayer and remembrance for Jean Vanier at Creative Connections, 95 Princess Street, Saint John at 7 p.m.
• N E W • Saturday, May 25, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Yard sale at St. Paul’s in Hampton. All proceeds will be used to help campers in need experience the joy of camp!
Saturday, May 25, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Crafting Class with Shelley hosted by Anglican Parish of St. Andrews Fellowship Committee. Anglican Parish Hall, 75 King Street, St. Andrews, N.B. Coffee and snacks at 9:30 a.m. Class starts at 10 a.m. This will be a string art class with several design and colour options. Call Shelley at 529-8588 to book your spot! Cost is $20. Please bring a hammer.
Saturday, May 25, 5-7 p.m. Belize Missions Alumni Dinner at Christ Church Cathedral Memorial Hall. Past missioners to Belize will gather for dinner, reminiscing and learning about current and on-going missions in Belize. While Alumni are especially invited, if you have an interest you’re more than welcome to attend. RSVP by May 19 to < [email protected] > or (506) 455-9375. Family members are also welcome. Childcare available.
Saturday, May 25, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Community Yard & Bake Sale at Holy Trinity, Quispamsis. This is the same day as the Quispamsis Town Yard Sale so there will be many bargains to be had in the neighbourhood! Start searching through your cupboards and closets and spare rooms for items to donate – no clothing please!
Saturday, May 25, 9 a.m. Annual Bikers’ Breakfast at the Church of the Good Shepherd, 668 Manawagonish Rd., Saint John. Hearty breakfast 9-10 a.m.; Blessing of bikes at 10:15 a.m. Everyone welcome! Rain or shine!
Saturday, May 25, 9 a.m. Plant, Bake & Yard Sale as a fundraiser for the Church of the Ascension ACW, Apohaqui. It takes place at Medley Hall and continues until all is sold. This year we are excited to feature a Ladies Boutique Corner.
Saturday, May 25, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Crafting Class with Shelley hosted by Anglican Parish of St. Andrews Fellowship Committee. Coffee and snacks at 9:30 a.m. Class starts at 10 a.m.
Saturday, May 25, 8 - 11 a.m. Monthly breakfast at St. Luke's Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. A full breakfast of sausages, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, home fries and beverage for just $6 per person! A joint presentation of the Saint John Y Service Club and St. Luke's, with proceeds to outreach ministries.
Thursday, May 30, 4 p.m. 'THY KINGDOM COME" GLOBAL WAVE OF PRAYER: Ascension Service of Evening Prayer & Songs of Praise at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 2 Hammond River Rd., Quispamsis. Following the service enjoy a time of fellowship & a walk through our 'Thy Kingdom Come Prayer Labyrinth'. For more information call 847-0850.
May 31-June 1 ONE conference for middle and high school aged youth and youth leaders and volunteers, planned for Moncton Coliseum. Cost: $75 (early bird), $80 (regular) per person. The conference includes guest speakers, award-winning bands, activities, fun and worship. Further info: www.onecon.ca.
• N E W • Saturday, June 1, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Yard & bake sale with proceeds to Camp Medley kids. At Cambridge-Narrows Municipal Building.
Saturday, June 1, noon BLESSING OF THE WHEELS: St. Augustine’s in Quispamsis invites people to bring their bikes to be blessed, followed by a barbecue.
Saturday, June 1, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Giant Yard Sale at St. Philip's Anglican Church, 30 Lynch St., Moncton. For those in the Moncton area wishing to donate former treasures or other good, salable items, please call Don Moroz (warden) at 506 384-2251. If you get the answering machine, please leave a message. We'll get back to you.
Saturday, June 1, 7 p.m. The Anglican Parish of Kingston will celebrate its 230th anniversary with a concert at historic Trinity Church. Bishop David Edwards’ pilgrimage will also be celebrated and he will be in attendance. Performances by Peninsula residents and guest organists. All are welcome.
• N E W • Saturday, June 1, 4 p.m. (Cdn time) Mount View Chamber Singers Concert, All Saints Anglican Church, 77 King Street, Saint Andrews, N.B. Admission by donation. We are once again pleased to welcome these talented high school students from Mount View High School in Thorndike, Maine as they share their talent with us. The students have performed for audiences in many countries around the world. Everyone Welcome!
• N E W • Sunday, June 2, 9:30 a.m. St. John Chapel of Ease first service of the season. (Chamcook on Route 127). Everyone is welcome as we celebrate the beginning of the summer season at this historic Chapel.
Sunday, June 2, 1-3:30 p.m. Learn to make lovely greeting cards at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd, Quispamsis. Craft leaders Pat Jones & Cathy Porter will provide a fun afternoon teaching the art of making greeting cards to take home! Cost $15 on-site with snacks included. All proceeds to be donated to Catapult Coffee & Studio with Outflow Ministry. Artisan crafts from Catapult Coffee & Studio will be on display! Register for this fun event (by May 29) by calling 647-8170.
Sunday, June 2, 7:30 p.m. Songs of Praise for Christ's Ascension: The Saint John Centre Ministers' Association invite you to join together with the people, clergy, musicians, choristers and bands of the Uptown Churches as we sing the Lord’s praises at a special musical service at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 91 Waterloo Street. Bishop Robert Harris will offer the meditation, and the whole Body of Christ will offer the worship due to our risen and ascended Lord.
• N E W • Thursday, June 6, noon Plans are underway for the annual take out luncheon, with potato salad, ham, coleslaw, roll and homemade carrot cake. Order by calling Trinity Anglican Church in Sussex at 433-3444, Monday - Thursday.
Sunday, June 9, 4 p.m. Pentecost Evensong at St. Mary, York, 780 McEvoy Street, Fredericton (Northside) Led by the combined choirs of Holy Trinity, New Maryland; Christ Church (Parish), Fredericton; St. Mary’s, York and St. Peter’s, Fredericton. Under the musical leadership of Alice Boyd, Sandra Gereau, Willis Noble. Seasonal church music in the context of the timeless beauty of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer.
• N E W • Saturday, June 15, 8:30-10:30 a.m. The last community breakfast before a summer break will take place at Cathedral Memorial Hall, 168 Church St., Fredericton. The menu includes eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, homemade jam, biscuits and baked beans, tea, coffee, juice. The cost is $8 and proceeds go towards improvements to the sound system at Christ Church Cathedral. The monthly breakfasts will resume in September.
• N E W • Saturday, June 15, 6 p.m. Rothesay Netherwood School takes great pleasure in inviting the community to its tenth annual Founders Dinner in Heritage Hall. This dinner is held to honour individuals who have supported RNS through their exceptional initiative, leadership and commitment. The 2019 Honourees are the Rev. Canon Jim Golding ’56, Margaret (Fairweather) Bourne ’28 (posthumously), and Aileen (Smith) MacLaren ’38 (posthumously). Tickets are $40 per person. Please RSVP to Judy by June 7th to [email protected] or 848-0879. All are welcome.
Saturday, June 22, noon- 2 p.m. Noon Tea Party, a fundraiser of the Church of the Ascension ACW, Apohaqui, held in Medley Hall. The hall will be decorated in high fashion. The luncheon will feature a large variety of dainty sandwiches, small cakes and a delicious dessert, and will be royally served. Tickets are $10. For advance tickets call Mary Lou at 433-5796; Barb at 433-2546; Bev at 433-4734.
Sunday, June 23, 9:30 a.m. St. John the Baptist service at the Chapel of Ease, Chamcook (Route 127), Parish of St. Andrews; followed by congregational picnic. Information: [email protected] or (506) 529-8662.
• N E W • Monday, July 1 Canada Day Annual Antique Sale hosted by the Anglican Parish of Saint Andrews Youth and Family Ministry Committee at the Parish Hall, 75 King Street, Saint. Andrews. N.B. St. Andrews is the place to be on July 1. Further details TBA.
• N E W • Thursday, Aug. 8, 9:30 a.m. Annual ACW Summer Sale, Parish Hall, 75 King Street, Saint Andrews. Further details TBA.
• N E W • Sunday, Sept. 8, 2 p.m. Annual Ecumenical Service on historic Minister’s Island followed by a barbecue and picnic. Free access to the island for those attending the service. Between the inspirational service and the breathtaking view, not to mention the food, this is an event not to be missed! Further details TBA, including the time the island can be accessed.