Below is a listing of parish events that might be of interest to other members of the diocesan family. To have an event added to this listing, please send details to Gisele McKnight.
• N E W • Oct. 14, 3:30-6 p.m. Thanksgiving dinner hosted by the Anglican Parish of Prince William at St. Clement’s Church, 6839 Route 102, Dumfries. Featuring turkey, gravy, dressing, potatoes, squash, peas, rolls, pickles, tea, coffee and a wide assortment of pies. Adults: $15; family (parents and school-aged children): $30; school-aged children: $5; preschoolers: free. Information: 575-8101 or 575-2671.
Oct. 15, 6 p.m. Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day Service – at Stone Church, 87 Carleton St., Saint John. This is a time to remember our children who have died during pregnancy and infancy. This will be a simple service with some readings and music, led by the Rev. Jasmine Chandra. All faiths and denominations are welcome.
Friday, Oct. 18, 7 p.m. St. Luke’s Anglican Church, Parish of Portland, 250th anniversary concert featuring Sea Belles Chorus, Men & usic, Elder Sheila Croteau, concert pianist Irene Wong and the Balysto Steel Band Ensemble. Free-will offering to help fund parish ministries.
• N E W • Friday, Oct. 18, 7 p.m. A 250th Anniversary Concert will be held at St. Luke's Anglican Church, corner of Main St. and Lansdowne Ave., Saint John to celebrate 250 years of ministry in the Parish of Portland! Performers include Men and Music, The Sea Belles, Balysto Steel Band Ensemble, concert pianist Irene Wong, and Sheila Croteau. A freewill offering will be received for St. Luke's ministries. All are welcome!
Saturday, Oct. 19, 8:30-10:30 a.m. A community breakfast, held on the third Saturday of the month, will take place at Cathedral Memorial Hall, 168 Church St., Fredericton. Menu: Eggs cooked to order, bacon or sausage, baked beans, homemade biscuits and jam, toast, tea or coffee, juice. Cost: $8. Everyone is welcome.
Saturday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Warm winter clothing giveaway (toddlers to adults) at the Anglican Church of the Good Shepherd, Florenceville-Bristol (Parish of Wicklow, Wilmot, Peel & Aberdeen). Enjoy free coffee and muffins while you shop. Information: Wilma (278-3229) or Roberta (324-8810).
Saturday, Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Finding Your Sacred Story - a workshop designed to deepen your personal spiritual connection with God our Creator, at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd. Quispamsis. Guest leader is the Rev. Deacon Debbie Edmonson. Cost is $10, lunch included. To register, or for more information call 506-647-8170. http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/
Oct. 22+ WINE, STEIN, AND GOD TIME! Community conversations every Tuesday for six weeks starting Oct 22nd from 7-8 p.m. at Vito's in Rothesay. Come find out what it's all about! Call Darlene at 849-0229 for more info or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/. All are welcome.
• N E W • Friday, Oct. 25 12th Annual "Newfie Night" at St. Luke's Church Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. Jiggs Dinner, Silent and Live Auctions, Entertainment by George Urquhart. Auction viewing at 5 pm, dinner served at 6 pm. Tickets are $15 each and available from the Church Office (693-4152 - leave a message if necessary). Proceeds to St. Luke's ministries.
• N E W • Friday, Oct. 25, 7 p.m. Movie night at Holy Trinity, Hammond River. "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" is a romantic comedy and sequel to the 2008 hit "Mamma Mia!" Cast members include Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgard, Lily James and Cher. Rated PG 13. There is no charge for the movie but a donation for mission projects or an item for the KV Food Bank will be gratefully accepted. For more information please call 847-0850 or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/.
• N E W • Saturday, Oct. 26, 8 - 11 a.m. Monthly Breakfast at St. Luke's Hall, corner of Metcalf St. and Lansdowne Ave., Saint John. Sausages, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, home fries and beverage. $8 per person. A joint presentation of the Saint John Y Service Club and St. Luke's, with proceeds to outreach ministries.
• N E W • Oct. 26, 9 a.m. Dynamic, interactive workshop called Reframing: the Gift of Pain, Disappointment and Conflict, at St. George Memorial Hall, Rockland Drive, McAdam. Lunch is included. $20/person – cash or cheque, payable at door. Registration at 9 a.m.; programs begins at 9:30. Leader is Eve Mills Allen, a mental health therapist in Moncton, who will talk about her recent journey with breast cancer at this workshop.
Saturday, Oct. 26 Roast beef supper at St. Luke’s Gondola Point parish hall. Menu: roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies and rolls, pies, tea, coffee and juice. Two sittings: 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., and tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children under 12 years of age. Eat in or take out. Contact Diane at 847-8410 for tickets. They are limited, so call early!
Saturday, Oct. 26, 4-6 p.m. Annual Anglican Parish of Upham turkey supper with dessert buffet, held at Central Kings Rec Centre, 110 Titusville Road Upham. Adults, $12; children 6-12, $6; preschoolers, free. Information: Rev. Brenda Fowler at 832-1851. Everyone welcome.
Monday, Oct. 28, 2-4 p.m. The Holy Trinity ACW in Hammond River invites all ACW members and ladies of Holy Trinity, St. Augustine's Quispamsis and St. Luke's Gondola Point to join them at a "Crazy Hat" tea party. Wear your best or craziest hat to this fun get together! Prizes will be given. Information: call 647-8170. Come and join the fun!
Monday, Oct. 28, 2-4 p.m. Death Café in Fredericton – join us for coffee and conversation to further our understanding of death and dying. This is not a counselling or bereavement support group. Space is limited. Register at 506-454-1298 or [email protected] .
Saturday, Nov. 2, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. The ACW of St. Peter's Church, Fredericton is holding its annual Bazaar and Luncheon at 2385 Woodstock Rd. (next to Hartt Island Campground). Tables of crafts, sewing, knitting, a 'new to you' table, baking, candy, jams, jelly, and pickles. For lunch, a chicken casserole, salads and dessert will be served at a cost of $10. Lots of parking available.
Nov. 21-23 Vital Church Maritimes 2019 conference in Truro, N.S. Keynote speaker is the Rev. Jeff Potter of Maple, Ont. Early Bird rates for the conference and hotel accommodations are available until Oct. 21. Last chance to register is Nov. 8. Got questions? Call 902-420-0717 or e-mail [email protected]. VCM 2019 is an inspiring three-day conference for lay and clergy leaders of all Christian denominations. Visit www.nspeidiocese.ca for details.