Below is a listing of parish events that might be of interest to other members of the diocesan family. To have an event added to this listing, please send details to Gisele McKnight.
Oct. 22+ WINE, STEIN, AND GOD TIME! Community conversations every Tuesday for six weeks starting Oct 22nd from 7-8 p.m. at Vito's in Rothesay. Come find out what it's all about! Call Darlene at 849-0229 for more info or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/. All are welcome.
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m.-noon ACW Christmas bazaar and coffee party at St. Luke’s Anglican Church, Woodstock. Admission is $5, with food, crafts, books, knitting, used items and $2 surprise gift bags for sale as well. Come, shop and enjoy coffee, tea, muffins and biscuits.
Friday, Nov. 15, 7 p.m. Join us at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd., Quispamsis for movie night. "Shawnshank Redemption" is a timeless classic with cast members Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. Free will offering or donation to the KV Food Basket. Rated PG 13. Call 847-0850 for more information or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/
• N E W • Saturday. Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Annual pre-Christmas craft & vendor fair and café at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Petitcodiac. Featuring Rector’s Workshop Woodworking, VOXX Life, TASK Crafts, Mother’s Touch Crocheting, handmade jewellery, ornaments, Christmas cookies and other baking, lunch, and much more. Canteen available. Come and do some early Christmas shopping and enjoy some treats as well. Information: Kim Chambers (756-0245) or Chris Hayes (756-2296 or [email protected]).
• N E W • Saturday, Nov. 16 Pork loin supper at St. Augustine's, Quispamsis with two sittings: 4 & 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 each, available from Art Scott (849-2430) or the church (849-8464, leave a message).
Saturday, Nov. 16, 8:30-10:30 a.m. A community breakfast, held the third Saturday of the month, takes place at Cathedral Memorial Hall, 168 Church St., Fredericton. Menu: Eggs cooked to order, bacon or sausage, baked beans, homemade biscuits and jam, toast, tea or coffee, juice. Cost: $8. Everyone is welcome.
Saturday, Nov. 16, 4:30-6 p.m. The ACW of St. Augustine’s Church in Chipman will host a turkey supper at the Fish & Game building. Menu: turkey, potatoes, carrots, peas, squash, choice of pies. Adults $12, children 12 and under $6, under 6 free.
Saturday, November 16, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Christmas Tea & Quilt Show at St. Mary & St. Bartholomew’s Church, 646 Westmorland Road, Saint John. Crafts, gifts, collectibles, silent auction and bake sale. Sandwiches and sweets will be served. Adults $8, children $4. Tickets available from the church office or at the door. Information: 506-696-1347.
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2-4 p.m. Christmas Auction & Decadent Dessert Party at St. Paul's, Hampton, hosted by the Mother's Union of St. Paul's. Find a Christmas gift for a loved one and join in the spirited bidding while you enjoy a decadent dessert and beverage. Admission is free! Proceeds will be used to support the mission of the Mother's Union, including their support for students attending Bishop McAllister College in Uganda.
Sunday, Nov. 17, 1-3:30 p.m. Christmas floral design & greeting cards demonstration at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd., Quispamsis. Leaders Pat Jones & Cathy Porter. Cost $15 on-site. All proceeds to be donated to Bishop McAllister College. Register by Nov. 11 by calling 506-647-8170.
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2 p.m. 11th annual Sounds For Sigowet benefit concert, helping orphans go to secondary school in Eldoret, Kenya. Held at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Rothesay, featuring Theresa Patterson, mezzo-soprano; John Buckley, cello; and Bertis Sutton, piano. Tea, treats, silent auction, with tickets for adults at $20, students $10, available at the church office or at 506-847-1812.
• N E W • Wednesday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m. November is Family Violence Prevention Month, and Mothers Union Christ Church Cathedral is pleased to have Dr. Catherine Holtmann speak at Cathedral Memorial Hall. Dr. Holtmann is the director of the Muriel McQueen Fergusson Centre for Family Violence Research (MMFC) and associate professor of sociology at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton. She is the academic chair of the Religion and Violence Research Team and the Violence Against Immigrant and Visible Minority Women research team at the MMFC. All are welcome.
• N E W • Nov. 20, 22, 23 Annual dinner theatre at St. George’s Anglican Church, Bathurst. Wednesday and Friday performances are at 6 p.m. followed by a turkey supper. Saturday’s performance is at noon with sandwiches and sweets. Performance is called Politically Incorrect – the Redemption. Bishop David Edwards will again be among the cast. Waiting list for Wednesday and Friday ($30); tickets still available for the Saturday performance ($20). Information: 506-546-3225.
Nov. 21-23 Vital Church Maritimes 2019 conference in Truro, N.S. Keynote speaker is the Rev. Jeff Potter of Maple, Ont. Early Bird rates for the conference and hotel accommodations are available until Oct. 21. Last chance to register is Nov. 8. Got questions? Call 902-420-0717 or e-mail Lisa Vaughn. VCM 2019 is an inspiring three-day conference for lay and clergy leaders of all Christian denominations. Visit www.nspeidiocese.ca for details.
Thursday, Nov. 21, 1-4 p.m. Flu & shingles vaccine clinic at Holy Trinity Church - 2 Hammond River Rd. Quispamsis. You must book an appointment by calling the parish nurse at 506-647-8170.
• N E W • Saturday, Nov. 23, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Christmas tea & bazaar, hosted by Church of Christ the King, 2000 Loch Lomond Rd., Saint John. Enjoy home baking and cooking, crafts, new-to-you table and complimentary hot cider. Free admission; lunch of sandwiches, sweets, tea & coffee for $8.
• N E W • Saturday, Nov. 23, 8-11 a.m. Monthly breakfast at St. Luke's Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. Sausages, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, home fries and beverage. $8 per person. A joint presentation of the Saint John Y Service Club and St. Luke's, with proceeds to outreach ministries.
Friday, Nov. 29 & Saturday, Nov. 30 7th annual Christmas festival at Holy Trinity, 2 Hammond River Rd., Quispamsis. From 11 a.m to 2 p.m. on Friday, enjoy a community lunch, bake and craft sale, and a beautiful display of creches. A freewill offering at the lunch will be gratefully accepted. On Friday evening at 6:30 there will be a kitchen party in the hall, and on Saturday, the creche festival featuring Nativity displays from around the world. You are invited to display your nativity sets and tell us their story. Bake and craft sale will continue from 9-12. All are welcome! For more information call 506- 647-8170 or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/
Saturday, Nov. 30, 9 a.m.-noon St. Paul’s ACW Christmas Bazaar & Café, Parish of Rothesay, with all proceeds going to charity: foster child, Romero House, KV Firefighters Christmas gifts, food bank, and more. Enjoy the Christmas café, then shop for home baking and preserves, Christmas gifts and decorations, jewellery, books, games, puzzles, and treasures from their "New to You Dollar Room.” Free admission.
Saturday, Nov. 30, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. St. Augustine’s, Quispamsis, will hold its annual Christmas Craft Sale. Admission is $1. As well as crafts, there will be baked goods for sale, and lunch is available. All are welcome!
Saturday, Nov. 30, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Turkey pot pie & bazaar at St. Michael and All Angels, Minto. This ACW-sponsored lunch includes a turkey pot pie, biscuit, coleslaw, cranberry sauce, and Christmas pudding for dessert — all for $6.
• N E W • Sunday, Dec. 1, 4 p.m. Community Advent Service at All Saints Anglican Church, 77 King Street, St. Andrews. Refreshments and fellowship to follow. Everyone welcome!
• N E W • Saturday, Dec. 7, 7 p.m. "Christmas with The Cool Chicks & The Ugly Doclings!" at St. Luke's Anglican Church, corner of Main and Lansdowne, Saint John. Tickets are $12 each and available in advance from the Church Office and at the door. Proceeds to outreach ministries.
• N E W • Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 a.m.-12 noon Advent Reflections: A Quiet Time of Prayer, Worship & Song at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 2 Hammond River Rd. Quispamsis. Refreshments to follow. Call 847-0850 or 647-8170 for more information. http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca
Sunday, Dec. 8, 4 p.m. Advent Service of Lessons and Carols at St. Peter’s Church – 2375 Woodstock Rd., Fredericton, featuring the combined choirs of St. Peter’s, St. Mary’s (York), Parish Church of Fredericton, and Holy Trinity, New Maryland. Everyone is welcome. Light refreshments following in the parish hall.