Below is a listing of parish events that might be of interest to other members of the diocesan family. To have an event added to this listing, please send details to Gisele McKnight.
Saturday, Sept. 21, 5.30 p.m. Ham & Scallop Dinner at St. Luke's Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. Ham, potato scallop, vegetables, ice-cream sundae and beverage. Tickets are $15 and available from the Church Office. Phone 693-4152 and leave a message if necessary. Proceeds to St. Luke's ministries.
Saturday, Sept. 21, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Community breakfasts, held on the third Saturday of the month, will resume on Sept. 21, at Cathedral Memorial Hall, 168 Church St., Fredericton. Menu: Eggs cooked to order, bacon or sausage, baked beans, homemade biscuits and jam, toast, tea or coffee, juice. Cost: $8. Everyone is welcome.
• N E W • Sept. 23-27 20th annual apple pie sale at St. Philip’s Anglican Church, 30 Lynch St., Moncton. Three varieties to choose from: sugar with spices; sugar, no spices; Splenda with spices. Place your orders now: [email protected] or 506-389-9424 (leave message and phone number). Only $7 each.
Friday, Sept. 27, 4:30-6 p.m. Strawberry shortcake and salad supper at All Saints Church, 35 Park Ave., East Saint John. For $12 per person: potato salad, ham, baked beans, strawberry shortcake, tea and coffee.
Friday, Sept. 27, 11 a.m. Community lunch & movie matinee in support of World Alzheimer's Month at Holy Trinity Church 2 Hammond River Rd., Quispamsis (next to the bridge). Lunch followed by the movie "Still Mine" at 1 p.m. This movie is based on the real story of Craig Morrison's struggle with local authorities to build a final home in St. Martin's, N.B. for his wife, Irene, who is showing signs of early dementia. Starring James Cromwell & Geneviève Bujold PG 13. Everyone is welcome! Free will offering to support the Alzheimer's Society of NB. For information contact the parish office at 847-0850 or visit http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/
Friday, September 27, 7p.m. Kitchen party in support of its Trinity Steeple Restoration Campaign at Trinity Anglican Church, 115 Charlotte Street, Saint John. Music with Happy Time (Sylvia Campbell, Phil Hebb, Geraldine Charters and Fraser Smith) and the Kingston Kitchen Party Gang at their last combined performance of the season. Tickets are $10 (available thru church office at 506-693-8558 or at the door). The acoustics are, dare we say, heavenly. There will be light refreshments at intermission.
Saturday, Sept, 28, 8-10 a.m. Community breakfast at St. Augustine’s Anglican Church, Quispamsis. Menu: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, home fries, toast, coffee, tea and juice for $8 per person. A family of four or more can eat for $25. Everyone is welcome!
Sept. 27-29 Life Shared Fall Retreat: Attention youth and youth groups! Several youth groups from the Diocese will gather at Camp Medley (168 Gunter Hill Road, Upper Gagetown) for a fall youth retreat weekend. Drop-off Friday at 7 p.m., and pick-up Sunday at noon, after a group brunch. There are no costs for participants. We really hope to see your youth there! For information, contact your local youth leader, or Dan McMullen: [email protected] or 506-639-2026.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 8 - 11 a.m. Monthly breakfast at St. Luke's Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. A full breakfast of sausages, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, home fries and beverage for $6 per person! A joint presentation of the Saint John Y Service Club and St. Luke's, with proceeds to outreach ministries.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 5-8 p.m. St. George’s Moncton supports St. George’s Baghdad – with a fundraising dinner & silent auction at the church, 51 Church Street, Moncton. 125 tickets - $20/ticket (call 855-5209). Musical entertainment; Buffet with traditional Canadian and Iraqi options. All proceeds are to fund a free medical clinic on the church grounds, which treats people of all faiths. https://frrme.org/causes/st-georges-church/
• N E W • Saturday, Sept. 28, 4-6:30 p.m. Roast pork dinner, with potatoes, squash, peas, carrots, rolls, apple sauce, pickles and assorted pies. Tickets, available at the door, are $14 for adults; $7 for ages 5-12; free for preschoolers. Take outs available, wheelchair accessible. Sponsored by the Anglican Parish of Central Kings, taking place at Bloomfield Hall, 45 Station Rd., Bloomfield.
• N E W • Sunday, Sept. 29, 7p.m. Special evening service of Holy Communion at St. Paul's Anglican Church, Hampton, especially for those who find it difficult to get out on Sunday morning.
• N E W • Monday, Sept. 30, 2-4 p.m. Death Café in Fredericton – join us for coffee and conversation to further our understanding of death and dying. This is not a counselling or bereavement support group. Space is limited. Register at 506-454-1298 or [email protected] .
• N E W • Saturday, Oct. 5, 5 p.m. Rescheduled! Annual salmon supper at Trinity Parish Hall, 3946 Route 845, Kingston. Adults, $15; youth under 12, $10. Seating is limited. Reserve your seats by phone at 763-3183 or email [email protected] .
• N E W • Sunday, Oct. 6, 6 p.m. Hymn Sing/Concert at the Church Of Christ The King, 2000 Loch Lomond Road, Saint John. All are welcome, light refreshments will be served at the end of the event. A love offering will be collected, going towards recent building renovation costs.
• N E W • Sunday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m. Blessing of the Animals service at Nashwaak Villa, Stanley, led by the Rev. Canon Bonnie LeBlanc. Pets, farm animals and critters are invited to attend, as are humans.
• N E W • Saturday, Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Finding Your Sacred Story - a workshop designed to deepen your personal spiritual connection with God our Creator, at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd. Quispamsis. Guest leader is the Rev. Deacon Debbie Edmonson. Cost is $10, lunch included. To register, or for more information call 506-647-8170. http://anglicanparishofhammondriver.ca/
• N E W • Monday, Oct. 28, 2-4 p.m. Death Café in Fredericton – join us for coffee and conversation to further our understanding of death and dying. This is not a counselling or bereavement support group. Space is limited. Register at 506-454-1298 or [email protected] .