About the Formation Program
The program is for the training of locally raised and ordained individuals.
- Those preparing for ordination to the (vocational) diaconate require a minimum of 6 units.
- Those preparing for ordination to priesthood via distance education programs require a minimum of 10 units
Units will be offered as instructors and resources are available during three identified annual “semesters” of study:
September - November
January - March
April - June
Month 1 - Reading of required texts as set by the instructor(s)
Month 2 - One or two day-long learning days with a proposed schedule:
10AM - 11:00AM: Lecture/instruction
11AM - 12:00PM: Group discussion/interaction/integration
1PM - 2PM: Lecture/instruction
2PM - 3PM: Group discussion/interaction/integration
3PM - 3:30PM: Community time
3:45PM - 4:30PM: Celebration of the Holy Eucharist
(One session mid October/mid February/mid May OR two sessions one early and one late in October/February/May)
Month 3 - Participant preparation of a written submission of not less than 1000 words (Due without exception on the final day of the semester).
Required of Participants
- Registration application for each programme unit prior to its beginning (September/January/April). Registration deadlines and unit descriptions will be made available.
- Completion of required reading prior to the day-long session(s).
- Attendance at the day-long unit session(s) as scheduled by the instructor.
- Completion of the written submission due without exception on the final day of the semester.
For more information, contact Archdeacon Cathy Laskey.