Serving God and church with heart and hands
Our mission is:
To serve God and Church by following Jesus and emulating the character of Saint Joseph, a carpenter by trade, husband of Mary and the earthly father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As members, we should …
- be regular in attendance at Church Services, especially at Holy Communion
- have a custom of private prayer and Bible reading, practice self-discipline
- bring the example and teachings of Jesus Christ into our everyday lives
- do what we can to further the work of the Church in our Parish and the World
- make regular offerings to further the work of the Church
As a collective body, we should …
- provide the form and venue for a men’s group within each Parish, which, because of its name, structure and origin, has ties to other Guilds within the Diocese.
- fellowship with one another and as the occasion arises, share our experiences with other Guilds.
- be ready and willing to respond to requests for services that are within the scope of our abilities and talents.
- offer suggestions and provide services that could improve the functionality or enhance the Church and its buildings.
- not consider raising money as one of our main objectives. However, in order to provide services as a guild, a certain amount of money is required. Therefore, money raising will be limited to that need, unless special projects undertaken by the Guild dictate otherwise.
- minister to one another as the occasion arises, such as in a time of sickness of a member or one of his family.
- have a program of projects and activities in advance, so better planning of time and resources is accomplished and members plan accordingly.
- involve the Rector as a member where possible, and by doing so have the concurrence of the ordained leadership, wardens and vestry for projects that require Parish funding.
- Christ Church Cathedral
- Parish of Douglas and Nashwaaksis
- Parish of Fundy and the Lakes, Saint John
- Parish of Hammond River - contact: Jim Eastwood 333-6400
- Parish of Hampton
- Parish of Minto and Chipman
- Parish of New Maryland
- Parish of Sackville
- Parish of St. Mary, York