It is essential that the Church be a place where the dignity and worth of each individual is affirmed and where the theological concepts of accountability, redemption, justice, compassion and the good stewardship of resources are lived out. This means that:
- people are valued because they are children of God
- ministry, both ordained and lay, is a privilege, and ministers are accountable
- expectations are clear and boundaries are honoured
- all statutes and legislation are complied with
- the balance between pastoral concern for an employee/minister and the good stewardship of resources is constantly monitored
The two Churchwardens and the Incumbent are the trustees of the parish and act jointly and in consultation with each other in many human resources matters. On this website, the Human Resources matters of the parish are separated into two sections, which are designed for both Cleric and Churchwardens use:
- Human Resources for Clergy: the resources and policies that relate to Clergy as office holders.
- Human Resources for Parishes: the resources and guidelines that pertain to parish employees and volunteers.
The Human Resources for Parishes section has been developed to help your parish uphold good Human Resources practices and includes: