- Red level (Zone 4 Edmunston region): Outdoor (drive-in) religious services only - congregants remaining in cars. A maximum of 5 persons may gather in a church building, properly masked and distanced, to conduct a service for broadcast.
- Orange level (remaining NB zones): In-person services are limited to 50 participants, or fewer depending upon the size of the facility, with two metres of physical distancing outside of household groups (except for performing end-of-life rituals). Continuous mask wearing is required. No singing is permitted. Other indoor religious observances, funerals, celebrations of life, marriage ceremonies, receptions and social gatherings of more than 25 people are prohibited. Wearing face masks is also mandatory for outdoor gatherings.
- Yellow level: one metre of distance between close family and friend bubbles must be maintained, and everyone must wear a mask. Two metres of distance must be in place for singing to be permitted – otherwise, no singing is allowed.
- More details on the Church Operational Plan page.
In light of the concern and care around the COVID-19, some resources have been compiled to aid in caring for others and self during this time and in light of the lifting restrictions. New items are being added regularly.
Gracious God, thank you that you are over all, in all and through all. We lift our world before you as we continue to journey through the COVID-19 pandemic. We pray for those who are suffering its effects, the medical personnel who are caring for them and all essential workers. We give you thanks for the vaccines now available and for those responsible for their development and distribution. We are grateful for the lives of people who have died and pray for their families and friends in their bereavement. We ask that you enable us to know your love for all and give us your peace which passes all understanding. In the name of Christ. Amen.
We are not people of fear:
we are people of courage.
We are not people who protect our own safety:
we are people who protect our neighbours’ safety.
We are not people of greed:
we are people of generosity.
We are your people God,
giving and loving,
wherever we are,
whatever it costs
For as long as it takes
wherever you call us.
- Barbara Glasson, President of the Methodist Conference