New mandatory order (and state of emergency) now in effect.
For worship services, faith venues have the option to either:
- Require all participants to show full proof of vaccination and wear a mask at all times (physical distancing is not required, no capacity limits, singing while masked is permitted).
- Forego full proof of vaccination, but ensure:
- everyone masked at all times,
- operate at 50% or less capacity,
- maintain two metres of physical distancing between different households,
- no congregational singing,
- record names of all attendees and contact information by row or have a consistent assigned seating plan for contact tracing; and;
- prevent anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who has been instructed to self-isolate from entering.
Regardless of which option your parish/church selects, everyone will need to show proof of full vaccination whenever they access certain events, which includes weddings, funerals, parties, conferences and workshops.
- From Government of New Brunswick / Public Health:
- Public Health Measures and Mandatory Order Regulations / Single-page summary
- Living with COVID-19 resource page
- Living with COVID-19 - a GNB guide to protective health measures
- From WorkSafeNB:
- Bridge the Gapp - an online resource to support mental wellness
Gracious God, thank you that you are over all, in all and through all. We lift our world before you as we continue to journey through the COVID-19 pandemic. We pray for those who are suffering its effects, the medical personnel who are caring for them and all essential workers. We give you thanks for the vaccines now available and for those responsible for their development and distribution. We are grateful for the lives of people who have died and pray for their families and friends in their bereavement. We ask that you enable us to know your love for all and give us your peace which passes all understanding. In the name of Christ. Amen.
We are not people of fear:
we are people of courage.
We are not people who protect our own safety:
we are people who protect our neighbours’ safety.
We are not people of greed:
we are people of generosity.
We are your people God,
giving and loving,
wherever we are,
whatever it costs
For as long as it takes
wherever you call us.
- Barbara Glasson, President of the Methodist Conference