How can you participate?
Walk alongside Bishop David for one or more days:
- Each day’s walk will begin with Morning Prayer (typically, 8AM) and finish up mid-afternoon.
- Wear good walking footwear, dress in layers and bring a bag lunch, lots of water, hat, rain gear, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- If a parish supper event is planned, you are likely welcome to stay for that.
- Please note that the pace is expected to be 3-4 km/hour.
- It would be appreciated if you can make your own arrangements for drop-off and pick-up, but contact Cheryl at the Bishop’s Office if you do need some help with this.
- If you wish to join the pilgrimage for multiple days including overnight stays, please contact Cheryl at the Bishop’s Office.
Pray for the pilgrimage:
- For planning and preparation;
- For Bishop David and those who will walk with him;
- For the people of the parish on each day’s route;
- For the communities passed through;
- For opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus Christ; this year's walk coincides with the time frame for Thy Kingdom Come - the global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus;
- For your own participation.
Worship with the pilgrimage group:
- Check the route plan for morning and evening as well as special service times.
Support by offering to ferry persons and gear or provide meals:
- If you live in the Archdeaconry, please check with your priest or a warden for opportunities to help with meals or driving.
- If you live elsewhere in the province, please contact Cheryl at the Bishop’s Office to discuss how you can help.
Thanks for your participation!