The Parish of Fredericton has been in existence since 1786 when the Reverend Samuel Cook came as the firstRector and established a church. The first Christ Church was built near the corner of King and Church Streets, roughly fifteen feet from the present Christ Church Cathedral. In 1854 the congregation of Christ Church (Parish) Church moved into St. Anne’s Chapel-of-Ease which had been built in 1847.
The present Christ Church (Parish) Church was erected in 1962 to accommodate a growing congregation. It is modern in architecture, yet traditional in worship. The Parish Church continues to offer a warm fellowship that has existed for more than 200 years. Many groups and activities are available to meet the needs of our parishioners. Christ Church above all is a family, and we worship surrounded by members of the larger family, the People of God.